Pope Francis Refuses to Ride in Bullet Proof Popemobile says at his age he doesnt have much to lose”

Pope-popemobile Bella Naija
Pope Francis is causing quite a stir for his refusal to ride in bullet-proof Popemobiles during public appearances.
The 77-year-old pontiff says he detests being restricted in a “sardine can” because it prevents him from interacting with regular people, The Telegraph reports.
Speaking on the concerns expressed for his safety, he said:
“It’s true that anything could happen, but let’s face it, at my age I don’t have much to lose. I know what could happen, but it is in God’s hands…
I remember in Brazil, they’d provided for me an enclosed Popemobile, but I cannot greet the people and tell them I love them inside a sardine can, even if it is made of glass. For me it is a wall.”
The Pope has opted to use open-top cars in contrast to his predecessor, Benedict XVI, who rode in a bullet-proof Popemobile – a measure implemented after the attempted assassination of John Paul II in St Peter’s Square in 1981.
 www.telegraph.co.uk/Reuters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lol... Nigerians Writes An Open Letter To Psquare Using Their Tracks Title

meet the man who had 149 surgery procedures(N2.7M) to transform into Real Life Ken Doll